Solar Voyager : Solar Voyager News

Posted in Solar Voyager News
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Administrator

Eternal Watchman
Eternal Watchman

Posted: 2003-September-08 at 9:31am | IP Logged  

Space.com just released two new collections of ScreenThemes. ScreenThemes is a specialized software which switches the images based on your time settings. There are also sounds, and a few other features (screen savers, calendar). This caught my eye because the preview pages show some GREAT space artwork (which I haven't seen before) in some of these packs, but unfortunately they are $4.50 each (which seems to be the standard price for any ScreenThemes pack).

There is a ScreenThemes trial version available, but I haven't used it, so if you are interested or have experience with this, let us know how they worked for you (and what the limitations of the trial version are as well). One other limitation: Windows OS only.

Link is HERE for the Space.com packs.
ScreenThemes main link is HERE.

View Administrator's Profile Search for other posts by Administrator Visit Administrator's Homepage

Floydier

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2003-September-09 at 11:05am | IP Logged  

I went ahead and got the trial. I have to say it's pretty cool, and it even puts a calendar on my screen.

pretty neat

View Floydier's Profile Search for other posts by Floydier Visit Floydier's Homepage

Hawkeye

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2003-September-10 at 3:48pm | IP Logged  

What limitations does the trial have?  Only certain packs?  Will stop working after 30 days, etc?

View Hawkeye's Profile Search for other posts by Hawkeye

Floydier

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2003-September-10 at 7:45pm | IP Logged  

it doesn't say how many days you get for the trial (which is odd). Or maybe it does, but they've put it in a weird place and i can't find it. You have to purchase more imagery just so you can have them rotating on your desktop, and that's not for me. They put a few good images in the pack, but after awhile, you'll get bored with them and I guess that makes you want to go buy the full version so you can add your own. If I need to see a calendar, I'll just go the Date and Time properties on my taskbar, or just look at the calendar hanging around somewhere on a wall. No need to have one on my desktop just to clutter things.

overall the space.com screentheme trial is O.K (because it rotates wallpaper imagery, and you can probably customize everything in the full version... but that costs money).

View Floydier's Profile Search for other posts by Floydier Visit Floydier's Homepage

<< Prev Topic Solar Voyager News Next Topic >>

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version