Solar Voyager : Works In Progress

Posted in Works In Progress
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Sxnill

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-March-15 at 6:58pm | IP Logged Quote Sxnill

Here is a piece that I started recreating a few days ago. I'm going to post the progression from the very first one I created to the current.

So this is Blood World 1.0. I created it back in highschool when I was first learning how to use photoshop. I was proud how the impact turned out at the time. I think this was about in 2001 -2002 around about.
Full Wallpaper View: 1024x768

This next one was created just out of high school and starting into college. I decided that I needed something for my portfolio in my design class and thought it would be a good challenge to recreate.

Full Wallpaper View: 1600x1200

And finally, this is the current revision that i'm working on. You can see how much I've progressed through the years. But yet, I still have a lot to learn I feel. It's a constant evolution, and I love the way it continues to keep my interest.

Full Wallpaper View: 3600x2700

View Sxnill's Profile Search for other posts by Sxnill

JanL

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2013-March-16 at 9:36am | IP Logged Quote JanL

Excellent first renderings, Stephan, thumbs up....Jan
View JanL's Profile Search for other posts by JanL

Sxnill

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-March-16 at 11:41am | IP Logged Quote Sxnill

Thanks Jen! When people say rendering I instantly think 3d modeling from back in college. I'm not doing any 3d modeling just painting.

I've been working on the nebula, and more lighting on the planet. I setup a few brushes that are really working for me on this. What you all think?

karl.garnham1

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2013-March-16 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote karl.garnham1

Wow

You made this at high school you are very talented. The Nebula's are amazing the planets are really really good although they could probably have a few more craters But that's just my opinion. You are hell of a lot better than I imagined and I was expecting you to be really good when you mentioned Greg martin. You should be pleased with yourself these are fantastic.

Well Done

Karl

Sxnill

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-March-16 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote Sxnill

Thanks Karl, the first one is the only one that was made during high school.  I hope I didn't confuse anyone. 

karl.garnham1

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2013-March-16 at 5:45pm | IP Logged Quote karl.garnham1

You have done a great job tell me have you ever considered using Bryce? because you can really make amazing space ships in this program and you can also combine photoshop and Bryce to make planets, Nebula, Explosions, Space Stations it is a very powerful tool and considering its only a scene modeller its the one in my opinion that has the appeal.

Theres another forum you also may like called Renderosity it has some amazing artists on there too.

Cheers

Karl

Sxnill

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-March-16 at 6:02pm | IP Logged Quote Sxnill

I've never used bryce before. I actually haven't done any 3d modeling in almost 10 years. I'm sure some things have changed in that time. I've seen renderosity before, I never started an account there, but I do have an old deviantart account.

Sxnill

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-March-16 at 6:07pm | IP Logged Quote Sxnill

Here's an update, I playing more with the planet this morning.

karl.garnham1

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2013-March-17 at 2:46pm | IP Logged Quote karl.garnham1

Hi Sxnill

Great work I think you'd like Renderosity I have never been a Deviant art member is it worth joining as my work is mostly Bryce Related so I don't know for sure. Do you know a user Called Milay? he's a member on here and Deviant Art as is Fahad Suleria(Hope I spelt his name right). You want to never stop making work this good keep it up and always remember the first pictures you make as they are vital to how you progress.

Cheers

Karl

Sxnill

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-March-17 at 4:20pm | IP Logged Quote Sxnill

Thanks Karl, Deviantart art is okay, It's really hard to get seen on there. They have a very large communtiy that people are constantly posting their work, so as soon as you post something it pretty much disappears into pages of new art.

As far as their forums go, they tend to have people on them that are super stuck up and its really hard to get any insight out of their forums. At least thats what I've dealt with before in the past. I don't go to them anymore.

How is the Renderosity community?

<< Prev Topic Works In Progress Next Topic >>

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version