Posted in General Discussion
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Fahad

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2013-February-04 at 1:45am | IP Logged Quote Fahad

Hi guys!

It's been a while and I hope you are all doing great! I haven't been active due to the fact that I have had to face some really harsh conditions in life. It's been very straining and that is why I haven't been able to do space art like I said at the beginning of last year.

Nevertheless, I've been doing some astrophotography and I want to share pictures of the Venus transition from this summer, taken with my telescope. Also, there's an album of the Mauna Kea summit tour which I also took during this summer.

I hope you enjoy, and if you have any constructive criticism on my imagery, I'd appreciate it!

Live long and Prosper!

karl.garnham1

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2013-February-04 at 4:02am | IP Logged Quote karl.garnham1

Hi Fahad

I am sorry life isn't being too kind to you 2011 was the worst year of my Entire life I lost a lot myself then(I won't say what) but that nearly pushed me over the edge. I tried one of your links and couldn't see your photo's as it says content unavailable. I have been on Nova Celestia lately and your work is still as good as ever. If you ever have times when life seems too much and you can't focus on work Maybe try something new like a hobby I have taken up clock repair (Mostly Cuckoo Clocks.) In hope of One Day being able to make an Orrery. I bet you would be good at that mind you Clock repair is an dying art in itself and its not cheap. Sometimes a break is needed and everyone at some stage gets artist block so maybe try something different to keep yourself going. Was getting the Pictures of Venus difficult the only photo's I have taken are of the moon so Well Done as it isn't easy.

Cheers

Karl

JanL

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2013-February-04 at 8:31am | IP Logged Quote JanL

Gad, you guys aren't the only one with artist's block.  I thought I was the only one and the major reason why I haven't posted anything in a long time.  Karl is right on this, perhaps a new temporary hobby will do the trick.  For me, I am OLD and me muse has deserted me, sniffle...Jan
View JanL's Profile Search for other posts by JanL

karl.garnham1

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2013-February-04 at 2:51pm | IP Logged Quote karl.garnham1

Hi Jan

Your never too old to try something new. Clock Repair has always interested me in a similar way to Space because a lot of the pioneers who discovered some of the most interesting objects in space are people like Copernicus, Huygens and Hershel. I am hoping to get as Good With Clock Repair as I am with Bryce it is by a long shot the hardest thing I have ever done but I enjoy it. I am hoping to one day make an Orrery that doesn't just connect the Solar System but also The Alpha Centauri system. I have artist Block myself at the moment which is why There hasn't been a Ship to Surpass HMS Babbage.

Oh By the Way Fahad did you Hear that VY Canis Majoris is no longer the Biggest Star in Diameter the Biggest Now is NML Cyngi. And then there are another 6 Still Bigger than VY Canis Majoris.

Take Care Guys

Karl

J.M.Martin

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-February-06 at 10:08am | IP Logged Quote J.M.Martin

Man hope everything turns out okay for you guys. I know what your going through with artist's block, i get it all too often, but this year i told myself and try to everyday, I promise myself to be more creative this year. I just keep telling myself that. This past month I created 4-5 new images which is unheard of for me but i got the bug now so i'm doing a lot, and a lot of experimenting with techniques i never used before or color schemes i don't use a lot.

Sometimes you just have to sit down and do it, do something, even if it turns out to be nothing, it will help subconsciously put together ideas in your head and they will come out on their own.

I'm getting the content not available error as well. GL to you!
View J.M.Martin's Profile Search for other posts by J.M.Martin

<< Prev Topic General Discussion Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version