Posted in Works In Progress
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  nehas91

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-February-03 at 5:53pm | IP Logged Quote nehas91

Hello everyone, 

I'm working on a nebula but I need your suggestions and input.
Again, these are WIP's so I've still to add depth, highlights, shadows, stars, and stardust etc. 
Let me know which one you like best. I want to get a general (audience) idea of which one is preferred so I can continue working and improving that version only. 
If you feel like I need to add anything that I may not have mentioned, please do contribute your suggestions. I value your feedback as it helps me improve my work and hopefully deliver better quality pieces of work. 

(Edit: These versions vary in intensity of color, brightness/highlights and contrast, etc)

Here are the versions. 
C: 
Full Wallpaper View: 800x1000

F: 

G: 
View nehas91's Profile Search for other posts by nehas91

pogona

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2013-February-04 at 12:41pm | IP Logged Quote pogona

for me "G"

"C" sure not, and between F and G I would say G, because we like a lot the colors of are nebulae and try to make them more saturated (or more gamma/contrast), but it's hard to know when to stop, each time you dark the picture the colors seam to look better but nebulae should be bright, so I would say G. you can always dark them in the final step if you want.

by the way, they look like totally pro nebulae to me not WIP, can't imagine how they would look at the end...looking forward to see the final results
View pogona's Profile Search for other posts by pogona

nehas91

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-February-04 at 1:10pm | IP Logged Quote nehas91

pogona wrote:
for me "G"

"C" sure not, and between F and G I would say G, because we like a lot the colors of are nebulae and try to make them more saturated (or more gamma/contrast), but it's hard to know when to stop, each time you dark the picture the colors seam to look better but nebulae should be bright, so I would say G. you can always dark them in the final step if you want.

by the way, they look like totally pro nebulae to me not WIP, can't imagine how they would look at the end...looking forward to see the final results

You are right about that nebulae should be bright but I'm always a bit hesitant to have areas of high brightness in my work as it can be hard on the viewer's eyes. 
That's strange because to me they don't look like pro nebulae at all;I guess it's a personal thing where I don't find my own work ever finished or perfect but still thank you for your kind comment. I have still to add depth etc and believe it or not, I hate adding stars! I always have a hard time adding different colors and sized stars for the background as well as individual stars on the foreground.  

pogona

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2013-February-04 at 1:32pm | IP Logged Quote pogona

I hate adding stars to, normally I add a bunch, combine them, and later copy/paste and transfrom to rotate, etc. it saves time, but the first ones always on hand.

and seriously, they already look very good, they have detail, good lighting so far... of course they can always look better and you think you can make them even better, but even if they stay like this they would be very good, not by your taste because you know it could be better, but for the general public .

bottom line: you always want your new work to be as good or even better than the older ones, and won't stop till you get it (it happens to me to), but a bad work of yours could be far better than others of other people (for example, I don't know if I'll ever make those kind of nebulae)
View pogona's Profile Search for other posts by pogona

JanL

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2013-February-07 at 9:16am | IP Logged Quote JanL

I agree with Pogona and I might add that sometimes a person can overwork his art. IMHO, these really appear to be finished works of art AND they look extremely realistic and can be taken as photos.    Jan
View JanL's Profile Search for other posts by JanL

J.M.Martin

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-February-07 at 9:37am | IP Logged Quote J.M.Martin

I like # 2 it has 2-3 nice dark areas on the left side that give it nice depth(maybe darken them a tad more) other than that the color is awsome nice job. 
View J.M.Martin's Profile Search for other posts by J.M.Martin

nehas91

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2013-February-08 at 2:32am | IP Logged Quote nehas91

Thank you everyone for the input. I'm working on adding light/shadows and various stars etc. It always seems that when I'm done with one thing, I find something else that I think I can improve (better is the undoer of good). I can't wait to present the finished piece to you all, I always try to make my work in such a way that it might add a bit of cheer to everyone's day. 

<< Prev Topic Works In Progress Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version