Solar Voyager : Space Art Gallery - Members

Posted in Space Art Gallery - Members
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  Aeon

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2012-April-10 at 10:54am | IP Logged Quote Aeon

Hello everyone! It's been quite a while since I last posted an image here. Life's been rough... Oh well, I just wanted to share something with you all.

This started as a simple test for an idea that was crawling in my mind. So, it is a small picture, but since I like the result, I decided to consider a work done.

Note: I've dropped its resolution due to images size requirements.

You comments and critiques are appreciated!

Full Wallpaper View: 1000x2194

nkalanaga

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2012-April-10 at 11:31pm | IP Logged Quote nkalanaga

I like it.  Double inhabitable planets aren't impossible, so I can see a civilization no higher than ours colonizing the neighbor with chemical rockets.  We probably would have, even if the neighbor had been Mars, instead of a thoroughly dead Moon.

As they would be tidally locked to each other, one can imagine a civilization beginning on the "back side" of one world, with no idea the other was there.  On our world, park it over the eastern Pacific, about 100 degrees west, and Europeans would never suspect it.  Then when they start exploring the Atlantic and Americas, there's a real "New World" just hanging there.  Wonder what that would have done to science and religion?

If you're trying for scientific accuracy, the "moon" probably shouldn't be darker than the sky.  As a test of an idea that doesn't matter.

N Kalanaga
View nkalanaga's Profile Search for other posts by nkalanaga

Aeon

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2012-April-11 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote Aeon

nkalanaga wrote:
I like it.  Double inhabitable planets aren't impossible, so I can see a civilization no higher than ours colonizing the neighbor with chemical rockets.  We probably would have, even if the neighbor had been Mars, instead of a thoroughly dead Moon.

As they would be tidally locked to each other, one can imagine a civilization beginning on the "back side" of one world, with no idea the other was there.  On our world, park it over the eastern Pacific, about 100 degrees west, and Europeans would never suspect it.  Then when they start exploring the Atlantic and Americas, there's a real "New World" just hanging there.  Wonder what that would have done to science and religion?

If you're trying for scientific accuracy, the "moon" probably shouldn't be darker than the sky.  As a test of an idea that doesn't matter.

N Kalanaga

Hi there! Thank you for your comment and critique!! I will re-work the darker part of the moon so it will blend better with the sky.

Eskhata

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2012-April-12 at 10:41am | IP Logged Quote Eskhata

I really love the clouds here! Is that a stock picture or CG? Nice work anyway, I love the composition, well done!

Its time to leave our god behind and make our own paradise!
View Eskhata's Profile Search for other posts by Eskhata

Aeon

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2012-April-13 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote Aeon

Eskhata wrote:
I really love the clouds here! Is that a stock picture or CG? Nice work anyway, I love the composition, well done!

Hello there! Ty!!

It is stock image, then I worked with some brushes and smudge tool in PS.

The planet and the nebula, I've draw in PS.

regulus

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2012-April-17 at 2:05am | IP Logged Quote regulus

Wow this is nice  I like the composition and the bottom clouds especially look great. One thing to fix: the dark side of the planet in the sky should be no darker than the rest of the sky (take a look at Earth's moon during the daytime) but the solution is simple, put all the planet layers into a layer set, and change that sets blending mode to screen (oh I see someone already pointed it out ) anyways good job

<< Prev Topic Space Art Gallery - Members Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version