Solar Voyager : General Discussion

Posted in General Discussion
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  pogona

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2010-September-26 at 3:30pm | IP Logged Quote pogona

can anyone offer to make a apophysis tutorial for making nebulas and that kind of stuff, and please don't talk about tutorials on the internet, cause I haven't saw anyone really worthy, I mean, most are about making composition of nebulas made already on apophysis, but what about tutorials about how creating them in apophysis for starters, because I have apophysis, I understand it "a bit, not much" also I guess a lot of you use this program so theres plenty of people that could help, maybe you just need some incentive, what do you think?
View pogona's Profile Search for other posts by pogona

regulus

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2010-September-26 at 8:31pm | IP Logged Quote regulus

There is this one by Synax444, while it is technically a photoshop tutorial, he does give you some good advice on how to get good flames for use as nebulae, read the part on the webpage that says "Trouble with Apophysis" in bold. I don't really know much about Apophysis myself, I just mess around until i get something good And i think there is a help file that comes with the program, or maybe you can download it somewhere?

Milay

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2010-September-27 at 1:40am | IP Logged Quote Milay

Synax444 wrote:
TROUBLE WITH APOPHYSIS: For those who have no clue about this program, as I've said before, you set the Variation setting (top of the program) to "Spherical". Then you go through the list of flames until you see one that is of your liking, then click the "Green" play arrow, this will cycle the flame through a transformation, then click the "black" stop square when you see a shape you like. Then go to file and Export flame... save it at a high resolution. Nice looking flames can be tough to come accross, so just keep restarting the program until you find ones you like. The program is free, all you have to do is google it.

Note: the majority of my nebulae are thoroughly painted over in Photoshop, to give that extra burst of depth and shape, so if you are having trouble getting flames you like, try tweaking them over in PS with some brushes or possibly textures. Try anything and everything, it takes time, patience, and most of all, trial and error.

Regards,

thats right as he say all his fractals are spherical but there is also good chance make good nebula with other wariations but I could try and make one for U if I have time.

View Milay's Profile Search for other posts by Milay Visit Milay's Homepage

JKelly

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2010-September-27 at 3:50pm | IP Logged Quote JKelly

Apophysis is a great program but is very much a trial and error system. There are a couple of simple things to do like use the spherical setting and change your quality and colors, but as far as getting  a shape, you just have to play around. Start with a preset that looks similar to what you want to create, or start from scratch, doesn't matter. Then move your triangles around and play with the triangle shape and size until you get the effect you want. You can also add and remove triangles.

I can try to make up something for you but it will be kind of the basics.

View JKelly's Profile Search for other posts by JKelly Visit JKelly's Homepage

pogona

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2010-September-28 at 3:41am | IP Logged Quote pogona

thanks, but I wasn't asking it just for me, I propose to make a tutorial of apophysis for the tutorial section, with tricks like using the spherical variation, things like that.

Milay

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2010-September-28 at 3:52pm | IP Logged Quote Milay

apophysis is realy about trial and error from begining
but here is basic tut how to do it. more will come if U help me

ask and we could put together a good tutorial

JKelly

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2010-September-28 at 4:18pm | IP Logged Quote JKelly

I'd love to put something together for the Tut section. I'll let you take the lead though Milay since you got here first!

View JKelly's Profile Search for other posts by JKelly Visit JKelly's Homepage

Milay

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2010-September-29 at 1:46am | IP Logged Quote Milay

heh if you think so. but i warned U i'm not good at that king of work you have to help me with that, like what i miss to add or  what change, and of course speling errors

pogona

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2010-September-29 at 6:06am | IP Logged Quote pogona

the one Milay have shown is really good, we should also put more types of variations rather than spherical all the time that help to make good nebulas, for example, I know that the blur3d variation l also makes cloudy nebulas, but maybe too blurry, perhaps tweaking values in the transformation tool the blur will be less intense.

everyone should apport the tricks they know.

Milay

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2010-September-29 at 2:00pm | IP Logged Quote Milay

yup but blur 3d work only in apophysis 2.08 3D hack   but there is blur in normal Apophysis. for me most usable transformation is spherical or curl. there is even way to make your own fractal by transform editor this will be second part of this tut
and yes as you say everyone post tricks and I could get it to this tut ( it will be MEGA APOPHYSIS TUTORIAL )

<< Prev Topic General Discussion Next Topic >>

Page of 3 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version