http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9080369676973948865

?its ufo?
View Yakull's Profile Search for other posts by Yakull

Fahad

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2006-February-19 at 4:09am | IP Logged Quote Fahad

Well, since you asked what we think...

I'm gonna say that I do not believe in UFO's. I think most weird people announce such things to get attention. Some studies say that 95% of the "incidents" can be explained. While the other 5% cannot be explained, it doesnt mean that they really are UFO's. There may simply be too little, or poor data to explain what it is.
In scientific empirical studies, there is quite frequently a percentage of outcomes that don't fit within a model/hypothesis being studied, and just because they don't  fit,  it doesn't mean they are UFO's too...

Though, I admit that I think it is sometimes fun to watch these UFO videos.

\_O_/

Edited by Fahad

Zonic Blazer

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2006-June-12 at 4:18am | IP Logged Quote Zonic Blazer

Hey,

I just got to comment this.

How can we be so sure UFO's don't exist? Every single unidentified object is a UFO, but we very often associate UFO's with small, green men.

Crop circles.

We don't know who made them, or what made them.

I saw a educational program about these, they filmed people entering the crop circles. Something I find interesting is that the corn in the crop circles isn't cracked or broken. They're just layed down on the ground as if the had grown with the shape. Crop circles are so perfect in shape and structure, no man could have made them with any kind of tool. The TV producers themselves were eyewitnesses to crop circles developing. They filmed it.

Some people do try to get some attention by making up stories, etc., but I mean when sceptical people are filmed by the TV producers as they become eye witnesses to a developing crop circle, it's hard for me to think that we're alone. Man, you should have seen those videos -- seriousely, they were the kind of what Yakull ahd posted. Glowing dots were swirling over the field, when suddenly the corn just layed down, forming these fantastic, geometric shapes and circles. Awesome.

The bottom line is: Why do we want to believe we are alone? Why are we so sceptical to stuff we don't understand nor can prove by mathematical studies?

Maybe existence doesn't only belong to us.

Only my point of view.

JanL

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2006-June-12 at 10:24am | IP Logged Quote JanL

Well David, we actually do know who made the crop circles-they are a hoax--there have been several episodes on the Discovery Channel by the guys that did it and how (the guys got a chuckle over it). Yes folks can do every accurate images, artists have proven that-doumentaries on that too.

Now does intelligent life exists elsewhere in our galaxy and the billions of other galaxies in our universe-the answer is that the probability is very great.  Have they reach us, the answer is probably no.  Rationale: what is the probability that intelligent life exists within a radius of 100 Lys given the exact conditions necessary to sustain life.  Why did I select a radius of 100 Lys, we began transmitting radio waves at that time (100 years ago).  So, any intelligent life form would have to be advanced enough to intercept and decipher our signals and zero in on it.  Then be advanced enough to discover a method of how to break the light barrier, build ships and get here etc. Jan 

View JanL's Profile Search for other posts by JanL

Zonic Blazer

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2006-June-13 at 6:48am | IP Logged Quote Zonic Blazer

JanL,

Obviously, I'm not the only one who's heard about these fakers -- and when I say fakers, I mean that they are fakers conceidering their claiming about themselves making these circles. The educational program revieled that they were not telling the truth. These guys hadn't made the circles, and that I think you would have realized if you saw the program on TV yourself (unfortuneately, I think it only was broadcast in Norway).

People have been standing and taking a good look at ordinary fields in 15 minutes, then gone home to eat some food, and then, when they came back, these fields were covered by these circles. How can ordinary humans construct these crop circles in 15 minutes?

People have also been trying to make these on TV, but the results were totally asymmetrical.

Edited by Zonic Blazer

Hoevelkamp

Galactic Wayfarer
Galactic Wayfarer

Posted: 2006-June-13 at 7:42am | IP Logged Quote Hoevelkamp

The only thing I want to say is a quote from Carl Sagan. Written in the book "Contact" and said by Jodie Foster in the same-titled movie.

"If we are alone - its an awful waste of space."

Just that.

Frieso

Zonic Blazer

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2006-June-13 at 9:09am | IP Logged Quote Zonic Blazer

Hey, Frieso,

I must say that I agree with Jodie Foster's saying. I just can't make believe that we are alone in this intire universe -- thoughts like that (no offence) seems mad and just inconceivable to me. But of course I respect those who really concider that as a fact.

Personally, I don't think there are like small, green men out there, but creatures which are on a higher plane of existence. Both good and evil ones, which are influencing us (the Bible's discription of good and evil angels). 

I'm just sharing my beliefs and thoughts, I'd like you to share yours.

<< Prev Topic General Discussion Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version