Solar Voyager : Solar Voyager News

Posted in Solar Voyager News
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  JanL

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2004-September-30 at 11:08am | IP Logged Quote JanL

Jordan, I am behind you 150%.  We, the members,  have worked very hard making this site a site that folks will be comfortable posting their work without fear of slamming, flaming etc, just honest crits designed to help.

Hawkeye asked me to help in maintaining  the site and I will support you in any way that I can if you desire. In his absence, I was charged with ensuring that inappropriate comments or art was not displayed or reassigning postings to appropriate forums (basically housecleaning). 

I can proudly state, that in the past year, we have had only two or three postings that we had to delete--that low figure was the direct result of every member here working hard in developing and fiercely guarding this site.  Jan

View JanL's Profile Search for other posts by JanL

Snedex

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-September-30 at 12:10pm | IP Logged Quote Snedex

If you require anything just ask, ill do my best to help
Will

Incubus

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-September-30 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote Incubus

Im with you Jordan, I will help you every step of the way . I just dont want to see this site vanish. I met alot of cool people here, and this might mean we will never communicate with some of the people . This site is pefect, sad that it has to go . Hawkeye, thank you so much for making this wonderful site, let SV live on

GavM

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-September-30 at 6:39pm | IP Logged Quote GavM

OMG SVs gonna be closed,  BOOO!

But
it might be saved,  YAAAAAY!

I'm going to be away until the 10th, Ill have to hold my breath till I get back to find out, what a cliffhanger ..

fingers crossed.

Gav
PS
Great work by all BTW and thanks Mr H for all your efforts.I was going to say 'may the force be with you' but then thought better of it but you get the idea.

View GavM's Profile Search for other posts by GavM Visit GavM's Homepage

Klankster

Eternal Watchman
Eternal Watchman

Posted: 2004-September-30 at 8:41pm | IP Logged Quote Klankster

Hawkeye has my information; I'll do whatever it takes to be a part of a team to keep SV running, whether it's adopting the domain name or going into the trenches and cleaning up inappropriate posts.  I haven't been around here long, but what I have seen is impressive:

Talented artists creating beautiful artwork and sharing their talents with others with some of the best tutorials around

Aspiring artists not being afraid to show their works-in-progress, knowing they'll get constructive criticism from everyone on the forum

I've always wanted to create artwork like I've seen here but didn't know how to start.  After a few minutes browsing the tutorial section, I KNEW I could pull it off, and in the first half hour of working with the tutorial information and Photoshop, I was literally sitting in front of my machine laughing at how much fun it was!

That was enough to convince me that SV must go on.

View Klankster's Profile Search for other posts by Klankster Visit Klankster's Homepage

Administrator

Eternal Watchman
Eternal Watchman

Posted: 2004-September-30 at 9:54pm | IP Logged Quote Administrator

Some excellent thoughts and ideas here...I'm working through some things now and will keep updating here!  Please be patient and we'll see where it goes.  Thanks.

View Administrator's Profile Search for other posts by Administrator Visit Administrator's Homepage

Coltzero

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-October-03 at 4:27am | IP Logged Quote Coltzero

hawkeye, its sunday now, within 6 days SV will close, whats the status?

Hawkeye

Cosmic Enigma
Cosmic Enigma

Posted: 2004-October-03 at 12:13pm | IP Logged Quote Hawkeye

Right now I'm working through technical issues with a new potential hosting option (namely Jordan over at Hostfury, who posted above).  Will keep you informed.  Don't worry, the site will not simply disappear without a trace, or news of what happened.  I will keep making posts here until something is finalized, either way.  There are some logistical things to get to after the technical issues are resolved (hopefully), such as handling the help of the excellent volunteers we've had thus far.  Stay tuned...

View Hawkeye's Profile Search for other posts by Hawkeye

meta474

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-October-03 at 8:46pm | IP Logged Quote meta474

Wow, I didn't even know. although it seems there is some light in the hosting/administration area, it's a real shame to see the original SV go. Especially Hawkeye--an excellent, top-notch administrator and art appreciator. This place is really unique, a rarity on the internet these days. It feels like a real group, a place where I can feel comfortable without feeling like it's some kind of popularity contest.

I'm more than willing to provide assitance--I'm good with hardware (as useless as that may be long-distance) but I'm familiar with network-related stuff, although not so much ASP and such. But if you need someone to "hold the line" so to speak, I'm open.

Again, I hope we don't lose Hawkeye and SV altogether, no matter what happens.

View meta474's Profile Search for other posts by meta474 Visit meta474's Homepage

djspinnet

Galactic Wayfarer
Galactic Wayfarer

Posted: 2004-October-04 at 8:20am | IP Logged Quote djspinnet

I may not have been the most active poster in the past few months, due to work overload, and my single post in this thread may seem short and as if i don;t care if SV died.

But looking through all the posts today - all i can say is that i'm proud of everyone here at SV - for coming together to save the one site, the one forum we all love so much. we've all created a little niche, a little gem tucked away in a corner of the internet, willing to nurture young and old artists alike.

i'm delighted that SV may have a future. but above all - i am heatened by the outpouring of support for this site!

You rock, guys - ALL OF YOU!.

Keep the dream alive!

View djspinnet's Profile Search for other posts by djspinnet Visit djspinnet's Homepage

<< Prev Topic Solar Voyager News Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version