Solar Voyager : Solar Voyager News

Posted in Solar Voyager News
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  chaos

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote chaos

I just joined here, this can't be happening! 
View chaos's Profile Search for other posts by chaos

JanL

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 1:33pm | IP Logged Quote JanL

Hawkeye, I too am very sorry that you are closing.  However, I understand and it has been wonderful having such a superior site to be involved with.  We wish you the best in everything you do my friend---Jan
View JanL's Profile Search for other posts by JanL

Incubus

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 2:30pm | IP Logged Quote Incubus

It cant be. Solar Voyager was the birth place of my art, and probably alot of other just like me. Whenever there is a fight or something thats going down on DA, I always go here.  It was a great 7 months I spent on this site, and I dont regret 1 day at all. Thank you everyone, for everything. Hopefully someone will take over the site. As fopr now, im going to make the best out of this site until it closes - Andrew

Voyager

Celestial Watchman
Celestial Watchman

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 2:42pm | IP Logged Quote Voyager

I am very sorry that you are closing SV. One day when I was surfing the net I met SV. It have shown me the real space art. SV  became my favourite site. It is on my start page and I browse it a many times in one day. SV has giving me a inspiration. At SV I have met a lot of people who loves space art. 

I hope you will find someone who take over SV, but I know without you it never be the same.

http://www.astrovoyager.blogspot.com
View Voyager's Profile Search for other posts by Voyager Visit Voyager's Homepage

Coltzero

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 2:55pm | IP Logged Quote Coltzero

SV was the birthplace of my interest in spaceart (combined with Greg Martin's pics)
I don't know what i will do without it

Prime

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 3:46pm | IP Logged Quote Prime

Thta is the most desappointing thing I've heard all year, my girlfriend breaking up with me wasn't as bad as this. This site has provided so much inspiration to me, and I just wish I could have contributed more in the short time that I have spent here. Hopefully someone will take over as I would hate to see this community shatter under such a tragedy. Thak you so much SV!!!!!

"Celestrial art is a representation of the beauty within the heavens and beyond yet we need not look for it. Real beauty lies within the hearts and minds of everyone on our Earth" - Michael Evans 2004
View Prime's Profile Search for other posts by Prime Visit Prime's Homepage

Knapp

Sentient Life-form
Sentient Life-form

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 3:55pm | IP Logged Quote Knapp

OMG, this is terrible news, where else will I post my work, make great new online buddies, and get such helpful adive and tuts???!?!?!?! The people here are great, no flaming, no cursing, and you even kept up the no pic in sig. rule which was hard for me (lol). This site has been a gteway for inspiring new artists and verteran older one, who have heartlessly givien us more information than we can reatain. but still, lets focus on the good time we've had here at SV, all the knowlage we've gained and given and the wonderful artwork this site has inspired us to create...

THANK YOU SV!!!!         -Knapp-

Annisahmad

Star-faring Vagabond
Star-faring Vagabond

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 4:44pm | IP Logged Quote Annisahmad

I logged onto SV today to see some more great space-art. However, I find a thread full of sad news such as this. It comes as a shocker to me. I hope something can be done to save this great place. This site has been a home for me for months and months now. Ever since I began my first nebula! Because of this beautiful site, I have advanced much more then I would have expected. Best regards,

-Annis

Edited by Annisahmad
View Annisahmad's Profile Search for other posts by Annisahmad Visit Annisahmad's Homepage

Bambam131

Planetary Explorer
Planetary Explorer

Posted: 2004-September-27 at 9:15pm | IP Logged Quote Bambam131

I have to agree that this is truly a sad day for space art in general. This site has been such an inspiration to so many including myself not to mention the many friends I have met here. For a site to focus on one topic and to flourish is in itself quite remarkable. The wonderful talent that I have seen at this site coupled with the generosity of its many members to share their knowledge has made this community the definitive site for space art. I wish all that I have come into contact here much success in all your future endeavors. No matter what happens Keep the Dream Alive! the heavens is the future for us all!

Best regards,

David Robinson

Aka (Bambam131)

Member IAAA

View Bambam131's Profile Search for other posts by Bambam131 Visit Bambam131's Homepage

garcondebanane

Esoteric Dreamer
Esoteric Dreamer

Posted: 2004-September-28 at 8:05am | IP Logged Quote garcondebanane

NOOOOOO!!!!....

=...(

I can't believe this is happening....is there any other way? This is  a beautiful site. So many brilliant talents have been forged in the four years this site has been up...I don't want it to close...

Honestly...I'd do anything in my power to keep SV running....I would, and I know I'm not alone.

Please give it another chance....

View garcondebanane's Profile Search for other posts by garcondebanane

<< Prev Topic Solar Voyager News Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 6 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version